Implement HSR/PRP with a Single Chip: SpeedChips XRS7000 Family
Flexibilis’ brand new product family is first of its kind in the world: An integrated circuit with which you can add HSR/PRP functionality to your device. This new chip series is called XRS7000 and is part of Arrow Electronics’ SpeedChips product family.
HSR and PRP are standardized redundancy protocols (IEC 62439-3 Clause 5 & 4) for wired Ethernet and provide zero-loss redundancy with no single point of failure. The aim of redundancy is to make fail-safe systems and HSR is currently the most efficient redundancy protocol available for Ethernet.
There are two different chips available which both have HSR and PRP support: XRS7003 (three ports) and XRS7004 (four ports). The chips also include IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) transparent clock functionality. They can be used for example in industrial automation, motion control, substation automation, vehicle communication and networking equipment.
- Compatible with High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)
- Compatible with Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)
- Two (XRS7003) or three (XRS7004) 10/100/1000 Mbit/s RGMII ports
- Time and frequency synchronization using IEEE1588-2008 Precision Time Protocol v2
- I2C and MDIO for register access
- Cut-through and store-and-forward operation
- Quality of Services (QoS) with priority tagging, packet filtering and four priority queues per port
- Port-based VLAN and VLAN tagging
- PPS (Pulse per Second) input and output
- Support for MAC address based authenticating methods
- RMON statistics counters
- Two industrial range packages available: 144-Pin Plastic Enhanced Quad Flat Pack (EQFP) and 256-Pin Fine Line Ball Grid Array (FBGA)
- Product Brief
- Order XRS7000 Devices and Reference Board now online on Arrow site
- Download User Manual, Reference Software User Guide, Reference Board Manual and other documents