XR7 Redundancy Supervision
The XR7 Redundancy Supervision is an IEC 62439-3:2016 compliant implementation of the HSR and PRP Supervision Protocol Stacks. XR7 Redundancy Supervision generates, transmits, receives and processes HSR and PRP supervision frames. Based on the information in the supervision frames received, XR7 Redundancy Supervision updates NodesTable that contains information on the other HSR/PRP nodes in the network. This information can be used by other entities including network management and monitoring systems. XR7 Redundancy Supervision itself does not use the information it collects.
The implementation of the XR7 Redundancy Supervision is written in pure C language and is ready to be used in Linux based systems together with the Flexibilis Redundant Switch (FRS) or SpeedChips XRS7000 devices. Hardware and operating system specific details are hidden behind an abstraction layer, so that porting to other operating systems and environments is relatively easy. The XR7 Redundancy Supervision implementation is divided into a common part and a system specific part. The common part is the same for all environments and it contains the most of the functionality, including the generation of the supervision frames, processing of supervision frames received and maintaining the NodesTable. The system specific parts provide standard interfaces for the common part, through which it can employ the functionality provided by different kinds of operating systems. Porting XR7 Redundancy Supervision to other environments requires making changes to the system specific parts only.
- Sending of HSR and PRP Supervision frames
- Receiving and processing of HSR and PRP Supervision frames
- Maintenance of NodesTable
- Interface for reading information in the NodesTable from the host system
- Callback functions for providing information on changes in the NodesTable without polling
- Adjustable Supervision frame transmission interval (LifeCheckInterval)
- Adjustable timer intervals (NodeForgetTime, ProxyNodeTableForgetTime, EntryForgetTime)
- GNU/Linux operating system support
- Easy to port to other target systems